Food: Drunken Oatmeal Cookies –
These cookies are easy and oh sooooo delicious! As a friend of mine always says, “they definitely don’t suck!” So if you need a last minute dessert for the valentines day, try these easy and quick drunken oatmeal raisin cookies.
* for virgin cookies omit soaking the raisins in bourbon
- 1 STICK SOFTENED BUTTER (1/2 cup)
- 1 CUP SUGAR (dark brown)
- 1 EGG
- 1/2 TBSP vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 CUP PLUS 2 TBSP FLOUR (all-purpose)
- 1 CUP RAISINS (soaked in rum or bourbon for 6-12 hours and drained)
- 1 1/2 CUPS ROLLED OATS
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until completely combined.
- Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Add the vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour then the raisins and oatmeal until combined.
- Drop rounded mounds of dough on ungreased cookie sheets and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 350ºF until just lightly browned on the edges and middle still looks slightly undercooked, about 10 minutes.